Sparkle and Shine (Focus on Glitz Embellishments)

18 July 2014

Today I have post up on the Glitz Design blog all about embellishing with Glitz products. For this layout I wanted to keep it simple but still have lots of little details to look at without distracting from the photo. 

Three of my four children are following music lessons and the two eldest are learning to play the trumpet. NoĆ© has a really good ear and can play lots of tunes on the piano. I didn't have to tell him he just plays away. I love seeing their passion for music grow. 


The first series of embellishments I used where the stickers from the Felicity set which I layered with some Black&White Whatnots and puffy stickers.


I also love using patterned paper to create my own simple embellishments. I cut out a small butterfly from the Brightside Butterfly paper. The designs on patterned paper are a great source of embellishment inspiration.
Another way to embellishment is by using punches. Punching out shapes and using the negative space creates detail and adds depth.


The new glitter tapes are also a fun product that add texture to a project. I love these tapes and they tear so well just like washi tape. 

Little staples and tags from my stash add the finishing touch and also a spot for some hidden journalling. 

I hope you have some new embellishing ideas and wish you a fantastic Friday.

"Love Music"-Supplies:
Glitz Design Brightside Paper-Butterflies,
Glitz Design Brightside Silver Glitter Washi Tape,
Glitz Design Felicity Paper-Bits&Pieces, Honeycomb, Chevron,
Glitz Design Felicity Stickers-12*12 Alphas&Accents Sticker sheet,

Glitz Design Black&White Whatnots,
Glitz Design Black&White Puffy Stickers,
Glitz Design Carpe Diem Puffy Stickers,
Glitz Design 77 Washi Tape Friday,


2 comments :

Unknown said...

great layout, so many fun details!

bernii miller said...

What a gorgeous layout!!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs