1 Girl

15 July 2014

In our household there is only one girl and I am that girl. When we decided to have children, my husband and I always said "we want a family" and each time I got pregnant the only thing which really mattered was that our child was healthy. I never longed to have a boy or a girl and just wanted to have a child. A lot of people ask me if I'm not sad that I don't have a daughter or if we are trying for a girl. And each and every time I try to explain that it isn't something I miss. They don't really understand.
That being said I do sometimes miss going shopping with or talking to "girls" but that has nothing to do with the fact that I don't have a daughter but that most of my "girl"friends live far away and that when you are a mother and you have a job, you don't have much time for a girl's night out. So I do miss those things but I find ways to fulfil that need. I go on shopping sprees by myself and take time to put on make-up in the morning.  I am blessed to have a beautiful and healthy family and that is all I need.

Here is the layout I created which sums it all up. I used my June Studio Calico kit and some other bits and bobs I had lying around. 


Those canvas butterflies are from an older Studio Calico kit. I have been hoarding them for ages and still love them. I coloured them with gelatos.


Supplies:




7 comments :

Sandra K said...

What a beautiful layout!! Very girly indeed ;)
I don't have kids yet, but my best friends either have two girls or two boys, so *lol* It's pretty common to just get one gender it seems ;)

Danielle Higginbottom-Brown said...

gorgeous layout Lilith!

wendy said...

Love your layout. I'm the only girl in my family too so your page resonates with me.

Unknown said...

what a sweet layout, I love the canvas butterflies! I have 3 girls, so I am flopped, I love your outlook on 3 children of the same sex...such a loving mommy!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Beautiful!!!

Francesca Biancon said...

I'm agree with your idea...I find really clever what you say...
Unfortunately I haven't sons but I think that the most important thing is the healthy.
Your layout is full of energy and life, I love it!!

Alex (PinkCraftyMama) said...

I'm the only girl too - but I have just a single boy. Four boys would have been my dream family so enjoy them! Being the only girl does have it's advantages though! Like you I never felt the need for a daughter - infact after growing up with only sisters and no brothers I longed for a little boy...lots of them! Little boys are so much fun!

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs