On Trend with Glitz Design

7 July 2014

It is Monday which means I have a trendy post for you using Glitz Design products. This week I'm focusing on a product which can be seen all over the scrapbooking scene: THE DOILY. A doily is is an ornamental mat, typically made of paper or fabric, and variously used for protecting surfaces or binding flowers, in food service presentation, or as a head covering or clothing ornamentation. It is characterized by openwork, which allows the surface of the underlying object to show through. It is fun to see ordinary products pop up in the scrapbooking world. One big advantage of doilies is that they can be found easily and they don't cost a lot.

I went rummaging through my stash and found a large white doily and a smaller red one. My design started with these two elements. I then added elements from the Black&White collection as well as the Mr Brightside collection. I really wanted the doilies to show so I went with a very clean and simple design.I also punched out some scalloped circles and butterflies using the the 6*6 Mr Brightside paper pad. In the paperpad there are some extra designs which aren't in 12*12 format and the design is smaller which is useful when punching out smaller shapes. 

 I love how the doily adds a dainty feel to the layout making it very feminine.  

"Enjoy the little thing"-Supplies:
Glitz Design "Brightside"- 6x6 Paper Pad
Glitz Design “Brightside”- 12×12 Alphas & Accents sticker sheet
Glitz Design "Black & White"- Giant Rhinestones
Glitz Design "Black & White" - Dots washi tape
Other: doilies, punches, yellow mist, precision pen, lace ribbon.



2 comments :

Françoise said...

COUCOU, de superbes créations, diversifiées, photos bien mises en valeur, j'adore !
Si je peux me permettre de te poser deux questions ?
Sais-tu par hasard ce que deviens la galerie two peas bucket ? J'ai acheté plusieurs dies american craft... mais c'est difficile de séparer le papier du dies, tu connais un truc ? Merci et plein de bisous du jour

Francesca Biancon said...

Great LO, I like it very much!
Kiss

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs