Monochromatic

27 August 2011

Well, I can finally reveal this week's inspiration board over at CCG. I does seem a little frightening but I LOVE it and really like the way my layout turned out. This week's designer challenge was a recipe. Go over to the CCG site and discover what the other DT girls have come up with. You will not believe your eyes. 
Enfin je peux vous montrer le combo 206  de CCG. Cette semaine-ci le défi était en forme d'éléments imposés. J'ai adoré la faire! 
Explanation concerning the designer challenge which was a recipe: 
Wood: I used my wood embossing plate and embossed straight onto my page by placing it below my page and going over it with my bone folder.
Ledge:The ribbon to create a horizontal line, the ribbon is also the striped element!
Transparency: I layered vellum paper under my picture.
Title in caps: TUNE

Then as I always do at the moment I added some thread to soften the lines and create movement.
Many people ask me how I get it to hold on my page. Well I staple it down, there,  where I know I will be covering it and then I use my hot glue gun to adhere the rest.


Oh and I have some good news. One of my layouts got the HONOURABLE MENTION over on the MYMINDSEYE blog and I get to choose one collection. Now that was hard!  Then I was lucky on the Basic Grey blog and was randomly picked to choose one of the new lines. Lots of scrapping in sight!!!
Et puis, j'ai eu le HONOURABLE MENTION prix sur le blog de My Mind's eye pour cette page. Et j'ai donc pu choisir une de leur collection. Sur le nouveau blog de Basic Grey mon nom a été choisi parmi plus de 450 et j'ai aussi pu choisir une de leur nouvelle collection. Beaucoup de scrap en vu! 

Have a lovely Saturday. And for those who are having to face Irene, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope she will calm done and pass without leaving any damage.
Passez un bon samedi.

8 comments :

Unknown said...

Très chouette! Félicitation pour ces réussites, aussi ! A très bientôt ;-)

emma_scrap said...

Ta page est vraiment très belle ;) Bravo pour ces réussites sur les différents blogs et bon scrap en perspective ;) Bizz

Unknown said...

Cette page est magnifique. Sobre et chic j'aime totalement !

Mélissandre said...

j'adore!!! je trouve que depuis quelques mois, ton scrap prend une direction très très intéressante! J'ai envie de lifter chacune de tes pages!

Miranda said...

Your layout is gorgeous Lilith. I think the colors are hard when you see them the first time, but... when I see your layout... You did a wonderful job.

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

This layout is stunning! Love everything about it! Congrats on your scrappy picks. That is going to be fun product to receive:)

Gina said...

Hi Lilith.just popping in from the Nook...your layouts and cards are so beautiful!! Gina x

Mimi said...

Vraiment magnifique, je suis fan.
Je veux faire la même. Bise

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs