All things old and new (Citrus Twist)

4 January 2017

Happy New Year everyone. The Christmas holidays have been very different this year. We had a lovely Christmas with our family but sadly one of my grandmothers died on the 29th. It is something I knew would happen one day but I have always put it in a drawer in the back of my mind. I am an over optimistic person and tend to see good every where and even though I know my grandparents are coming to an age where death is close I still deep down believe they'll be there forever. 

I have been lucky to have known my grandparents for so long and my grandma was the first of the 4 to leave. She nurtured my love of books and we would talk about poetry. When I was a teenager we would write each other letters. During my time at university I would pop in every week and enjoy her company. I miss her so much but know she is in a better place. She passed away peacefully in her sleep and didn't suffer. Her funeral is this Friday. We'll be able to saw goodbye.  These past few days have been a blur, trying to get things done but still my heart is aching. I thought I wouldn't be able to scrapbook but funnily enough creating has helped me work through the pain.

Today I would like to share a layout I created with my grandma in mind.





1 comment :

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Whether you are expecting it or not, the loss of those special people in our lives always seems to leave a hole. Sounds like she was a special lady.

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs